City Of Heroes Dot CA

Go Back   City Of Heroes Dot CA > Post CoH News and Projects > Icon

Welcome to the City of Heroes Ultimate Fan Site Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:11 PM

Default ICON Link

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index....ic,7288.0.html
Old 07-04-2013, 10:06 PM

I adore Icon but at the same time it makes me sad. I get to see all of these maps, but can't actually play.

I have to admit one thing: I haven't been able to bring myself to go to the Talos Island map. It was my SG's "official home" and I spend hours there because it was so convenient.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:25 PM

I know how you feel Tacitala. Some of my best memories were of running Atlas Park at night during Haloween events (and I dearly loved the Shining Stars missions with Twinsht's gang) and many of my toons had their origins centered on Atlas Park and Kings Row... so wandering around the ghost town in Icon can be very depressing, knowing I won't hear any wolf howls, or see any zombies, nor will my toons get to fight their prefered villain groups in gloriously spastic fits of justice.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:11 PM

I describe ICON as restoring one fifth of what I lost by losing the game. I have that magnificent character generator back, and I can tour the world -- that's a major win half a year later. It also gives me major hopes that before one year's anniversary is reached, there will be a private server package available for people to run that will have most of the game function back (and probably, like ICON, with a few things more that you could NEVER do before in the game)

There is certainly enough precedent from other games to expect that a reverse-engineered system will show up sooner rather than later. And likely people hosting private sites.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioknight View Post
I describe ICON as restoring one fifth of what I lost by losing the game. I have that magnificent character generator back, and I can tour the world -- that's a major win half a year later. It also gives me major hopes that before one year's anniversary is reached, there will be a private server package available for people to run that will have most of the game function back (and probably, like ICON, with a few things more that you could NEVER do before in the game)

There is certainly enough precedent from other games to expect that a reverse-engineered system will show up sooner rather than later. And likely people hosting private sites.
Hoping there with you!
/ em holdtorch
Old 07-09-2013, 01:45 AM

I have yet to go back to Galaxy City...Galaxy was my old stomping ground!
Old 07-09-2013, 03:06 AM
Administrator

Smile

Personally, I'm very happy that we have ICON.
In 2004, when EA shut down Earth and Beyond after only 2 years, it took almost 4 years before we got to see space again ..

With Icon, I got to see Paragon City again only after a few months ..

It is what it is .. and I'll take it.

I get to create new costumes .. pretend I'm Statesman .. and I get to FLY!!! Awesome only after a few months ..

Cheers to all responsible for ICON .. I salute you!!

CraZboy
Old 08-17-2013, 08:37 PM

Default Icon 1.71 and other news

An incremental update is out to make incorporating popmenus more convenient. Also, Icon finally has its own subforum on the Titan boards, which is quite welcome news. Please go there for more information.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:26 PM

I'd rather have this than nothing at all. Can't wait for some genius (and I mean that honestly) to crack the code and RE this game.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:09 PM

Default How?????

Okay I can enter Atlas and at least one villian zone when I enter the Game How do I enter other zomes like Talos Island?