City Of Heroes Dot CA

Go Back   City Of Heroes Dot CA > Official City of Heroes Ultimate Fan Site Forums > Introductions

Welcome to the City of Heroes Ultimate Fan Site Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 03-29-2015, 09:27 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Lattice
Default Lattice Reporting For Duty!

The community was the thing about City of Heroes that I loved the most, so it's great seeing that community coming together again!

I was playing CoH/CoV since 2004 and I think I got almost every archetype up to at least level 40 (except the Stalker -- I could never figure out how to play a Stalker well).

I was also a member of the Taxibots at one point, and had a lot of fun pulling people out of (or into) trouble. We also did our own specially-annotated tours of the city ("if you brush away the cobwebs, here you'll find Positron...") by TP-chaining people around, which was a blast.

I also did the comics for awhile for The City Scoop (does anyone remember The City Scoop). It was the completely fan-made weekly newpaper for Paragon City. Snow Globe was my Editor-in-Chief, and always made sure everything ran smoothly and we always got the paper ready in time

Here's a few fan-favorites of the comics I did:

In my spare time, I'm making my own small version of City of Heroes called "City of Adventures". It's a small Indy game - not an MMO (sorry). You can find out more about it here: http://www.lakehomegames.com/coa. This is a small multi-player game that is using procedural content generation and a new kind of story generation engine. I plan to make it so you can run your own server and HEAVILY modify most of the parameters. You'll be able to save the "seed value" for any city it generates so you can keep the ones you like, or generate a new city whenever you want a new story with new challenges. I have over 30 years of programming experience "under my belt," but I'm finding that I like the visual scripting system in Unreal Engine A LOT -- it saves a ton of time, so I'm really enjoying making City of Adventures while learning new tools. Man, I wish I had a visual scripting engine back in the 90's

I'm most active on Twitter, you can find me there @Tulrath -- come say hi!

Last edited by Lattice; 03-29-2015 at 09:31 PM.