City Of Heroes Dot CA

Go Back   City Of Heroes Dot CA > For Fun! > ALL ACCESS: City Life - CoH & CoV General Discussions

Welcome to the City of Heroes Ultimate Fan Site Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:17 AM

Default What did you never get around to playing?

Even if you bought the powersets, because you thought the game had ten more years left in it?

Most of mine were the newer melee sets. I had so many concepts planned and ready to go.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:30 PM

Staff fighting.... my staff brute was stalled at level 13 while I played up my nature defender. I thought there'd be time. There was always tomorrow.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:54 PM

Sad but true- I had only been playing the game for a year when the plug was pulled. There's a LOT I didn't get to do: a big chunk of regular red/blue missions, many of the first ward missions, all of night ward. Also add in the fact that there were also a lot of characters I wanted to play but I never got the chance to.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:49 PM

Default The highest level stuff

I played quite a bit for over 5 years. But I was constantly making new characters, so I never got to the highest levels in the game....
Old 02-23-2015, 08:01 AM

I had this Fire/spines scrapper that I got to lvl 23, I'd play a lvl then leave for a couple of weeks then get back to on and off. I just got him to lvl 23 got SO's and then the game closed down, I always thought that he would be a great AOE monster. t
Old 03-21-2015, 09:04 PM

Default The last day.

I had several licenses and play from the time they started. Paying $15 bucks a month for 4 people was expensive but I hated when they went to Play For Free, that is when the problems seem to happen. Servers crash day one... I hated it at first. Loved it when Freedom started and I could take my Villain to the Hero side. There is still nothing out there that comes close to COH/COV and I am/have played them all, nothing holds my interest for more then 100/hrs ish. The very last month of CoX I didn't even get on to play, my disappointment was off the charts. Now the one thing I wish I had done... Is be there with everyone on the last day. And I wish I had a screen shot of my Dark Zomb and crew (pets). He was BAD ASS and I have no doubt I would have framed that screenshot and that pic would be on the mantle with my Grand Dad. lol...

Remember the last pets they added the Demons, fun to play but that one would howl every 2 to 5 minutes, OMG that drove me crazy! I miss it now. lol

...Robert
Old 05-14-2015, 11:42 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Mr_Grey

For me, it was almost every Dominator set. I could just never get into the playstyle... Though I wonder if a large part of that was because I was using Mind Control/Psychic Assault, a pair of powersets that simply did not do well anywhere they were used.

A major problem with the game was that utility play tended for slower advancement, and raw damage output was clearly the path to success.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:55 AM
Banned

Default COH and things to change

as far as CITY OF HEROES its only a murder case. the 2nd part can we get back to Paragon City? That is the billion dollar question.
Nexon and NCSOFT is duking it out in court for over 2 1/2 hears over power and money. No COH fans to keep up the millions of dollars of time card payments. The cost of the law suit is expensive. I just think this war is going to last much longer. liquidation is a GREAT ONE! I love reading up on B.S.wars.
then on other side of the coin.
APR is using Unreal Engine 4 same as City of Titans. both is going toe to toe to try to get there game out. Atlas Park Revival had been talking off and on for over a year now. and explain how there progress is going on then all of a sudden stop. I guess I pushed to hard. and I do not see anything new on City of Titans. the end of 2014 the update for a target launch for Alpha game play at about the end of 2015 that is about November/ December 2015

there is a tone of work yet to be done. still in there learning curve of the unreal engine 4. I do not see a game launch with in the next 3 years from now

NCSOFT is so busy picking off the fight off Nexon they forgot about APR
The news and updates is simply stop . it can be simple as nothing new to offer
or a argument with some one or NCSOFT may have done a phone call or may have sent a letter to APR. No update is good news.
the worst will be the project can die and do a emergency alert.
I do think we are in better shape line 10% more then we was in 2012.
at lease we know APR is working on a rebirth of COH
I did not hear anything from NCSOFT.
its simply put new update is put on hold. there is none to give. for May 2015
hold on. we will get some good info one day by the end of the year at least something.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:34 PM
Administrator

With hundreds of MMOs out there .. this dude sure has a huge crush on City of Heroes .. wow .. such devotion .. such love .. such ..

Yeah right .. BANNED!!
Old 02-18-2016, 07:35 PM

Anything with Titan Weapons. Had a couple ideas, but never put them down in character form.