City Of Heroes Dot CA

Go Back   City Of Heroes Dot CA > Servers: Where were you from? > Union (EU)

Welcome to the City of Heroes Ultimate Fan Site Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:36 AM

Exclamation Introductions

Starting of the Union section of this brilliant forum...

...introduce yourself Unionite!

Tell us about your CoH career and anything else about you that you'd like to share.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:51 AM

I'll start of with my introduction...

The name's bitloader although to some Unionites I might be better known as Star Jewel. I live in the Netherlands and was born in 1980. Yes, I witnessed the rise of computers and the internet...and oh, what a ride it was.

I started playing CoH in 2005, had to unsub in 2009 but rejoined the battle when F2P became available.

The first character that I created was called Starjewel, later rebuild as Star Jewel and her background story was very elaborate. I had thought of everything to make sure that this toon had an extremely detailed biography including parents, siblings, schools, careers and more.

She was the first founding member of a supergroup called Galaxy Stars who later (after her death) were reformed into the Starlight Sentinels. She and her group members had detailed stories that would play along side the CoH missions, especially the TF's.

After 'the fall' I moved to playing single player games like Splinter Cell (all games), Assassin's Creed (all games) and Portal 2. I have only recently started playing Champion Online and used one of my CoH toons as a basis for a good CO toon. She is Gemstone. In CoH she was a fire/emp, fire/kin, fire/therm, fire/kin, fire/ff, fire/kin controller...yeah, I rebuild her a lot in the low levels but settled for fire/kin in the end.

She flies around in CO zones clearing the streets and helping out civs. Send a /t if you see her.

I've also been a proud member of the 1-AT groups in CoH and am still an active forumite and player with their new LLoD group who has guilds / groups in several MMO's including SWToR, CO, WoW, and others.

I once was a DJ for Evolution Radio broadcasting my show every friday evening to start off the weekend and provide some background music for long running TF's and missions.

CoH was my second life. My home away from home. The city that I lived in when I needed to get away from the real life. And in the first few months I was playing between 40 and 80 hours per week. I loved the game so much that it became an important part of my life and everybody would know about it.

Okay, that's it for now, but I might expand on this post later.

Laterz!
Old 07-15-2013, 08:41 PM

My name is Stryker. When the servers merged, I moved a few toons over. Good things happened. I got MoSTF for the first time on my assault rifle corruptor and MoTPN on my brute. That and utterly crushing a ton of incarnate trials. I had never seen so many people work well as a cohesive league. Anyways, I had a blast while it lasted.

P.S. I can't thank enough those who aided the master runs.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:25 AM

@Sebaddon here, a fellow unionite

This account got deleted for who-knows-what reason but now I'm back... let's hope it stays that way (and honnestly can't be bothered writing everything again, nor posting the pics )
Old 07-31-2013, 10:45 AM

Testing whether I can reply, cause some people can't...

If you see this ignore it
Old 08-01-2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebaddon View Post
Testing whether I can reply, cause some people can't...

If you see this ignore it
ignore what
Old 08-11-2013, 09:56 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Elizabeth Bathory
Default Greetings...

All those names from a time long gone but not forgotten... Greetings all.

For 7 years I was Bathory Erzsebet using the global @elizabeth bathory on Union... creator and leader of the Court of the Blood Countess. I am from the Netherlands too.. just as StarJewel.

Aside of that I had many alts... Aludra Stellaris, Uebermensch, Nightseye, G.I. Camouflage and much more. Some are re-created at Champions Online.

Besides Champions I am also on the Ebon Hawk server in Star Wars The Old republic and on Guild Wars 2 as Erzsebet Bloodraven.

If COX would come back on I would login in an instant though.

My old legacy showcase site with some of my toons...
Old 01-18-2015, 12:25 AM

Man, the name Star Jewel rings a huge bell.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:58 AM

Its nice to see some of the familiar names again. I never did have much interaction with you Elizabeth but your name is still well known to me.

I'm not sure how many remember me but on Union I was known as Brimstone Girl @Brimstone Girl. My time on Union was one of the best in my life. I made a lot of friends and I miss my time with them. I was a fairly competent Badgehunter. And the badgehunter chat was one of the best community chats I've ever seen.
I was also a proud member of The New Heroes Union on Hero side and I was associated with The Corporation on Villain side for some time.
CoH was actually my first MMO and that kind of spoiled me. Since then I've never meet a community that could compare.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:44 AM

Default I remember you Brimstone ;)

Greetings all

Glad to have found this forum.

Let's hope they fire up the CoH/V servers again.
I agree with above posts, the time spent in CoH was the most fun of all MMO games.

Kind regards

The MD

Last edited by The_MD; 09-19-2016 at 06:46 AM.